Hiring WordPress developer teams, freelance WordPress developers and WooCommerce experts can save your business a lot of time and money since each process is streamlined.
But, hiring a web development team that’s not trustworthy can cost your business big time.
You could lose money on development times that run too long, end up with incomplete or insufficient projects, lose time and not to mention peace of mind.
Not to worry!
Today, I’ll share more detail on the advantages of hiring a trustworthy web development team as well as how to hire developer teams that will ace your next project.
Do You Need to Hire Developer Teams or WooCommerce Experts?
Knowing when it’s the right time to bring on WordPress or WooCommerce experts is imperative for your business’s healthy growth.
If you hire WordPress developers too early, you could burn through your cash too fast and end up not being able to pay bills.
On the other hand, waiting too long to hire developer teams can severely impede your business’ ability to grow. You could also burn yourself out and become unable to continue growing your business and being profitable.
That’s why it’s essential to know when you’re ready for hiring WordPress developer teams. As a business owner, myself, I can tell you that this is different for every business because they’re all diverse.
But, here are some tips that helped me grow my business and helped me determine when I was ready to hire WordPress developers or WooCommerce experts.
Determine Your Needs
First, it’s crucial to get clear on the needs of your business. This includes the technical details, timing, and knowing you and your team’s limits.
- Technical details – What kind of work needs to be done? Be as specific as you can. Do you need a new WordPress or WooCommerce site? Do you only need customizations? If so, what kinds of changes do you need made and to what part of your site?
- Timing – When do you need the project completed? Is it an urgent matter or can you wait a reasonable amount of time? Do you have a specific idea for a timeline that fits in with your business’ growth?
- Skill limitations – If you have a team, are they qualified WordPress developers and skilled enough to complete the work you need? Do they have sufficient space in their schedule to reasonably get the project done and to your standards? If you’re skilled in this area, do you have enough time to complete the work?
Once you have thought through each of these areas, you can consider your options. If you have a laundry list of things you want done, but your team doesn’t have the skills or time to work on it, you should seriously think about hiring WordPress developers or an agency.
Otherwise, you could burn through your cash much faster than you would hope.
This is also true if you expect a quick turn around.
It’s also helpful to have a meeting with your team. Tell them about your plans and open the floor to comments regarding what can reasonably be done. If your staff feel like they’re booked up with work, adding to their to-do lists will only cause you to prolong the project and waste money you didn’t have to if you hired an agency.
Cash Flow and Budgeting
If you have decided you want to hire developer teams or WooCommerce experts for your project, consider your business’ cash flow.
Do you have enough funds in your business to budget for hiring WordPress developer teams or WooCommerce experts? Try to come up with a budget.
Even if you think you don’t have the right budget, you may still be able to work with an agency. They may be willing to work out a plan that fits your budget.
They could suggest creative solutions that are more cost-effective, but still offer the same result. Also, they may think of other ways to fit your budget such as segmenting the project over a longer period of time. That way, you have a chance to grow your revenue as the most profit-driven changes are made first.
If you find an agency you want to work with that doesn’t advertise minimum budget requirements for items like quick fixes such as Progressus.io, it’s worth requesting a quote.
Why Hiring Trustworthy Agencies and Developers Saves You Money
At first, it may seem counterintuitive to think that hiring WordPress developers and WooCommerce experts could save you money when you’re actually spending money to hire them. However, there’s some truth to the old adage “you have to spend money to make money”.
When you invest in your business in the right ways, it can add to your business’ value and help increase growth a lot faster. Not investing in your business can result in growth being slow and unreliable if you’re able to grow at all.
Below are just some ways and advantages of hiring WordPress developers, WooCommerce experts and agencies.
Agencies typically invest a lot of money in high-tech resources that can provide the best possible value for your business. They recuperate the costs through serving a multitude of clients.
If you were to get the same resources on your own, it would cost considerably more than what it would cost if you hired the agency to do the work and use their tools on your behalf.
Agencies often have other members of their team that compliment web development work such as web designers, marketers and SEO specialists, WooCommerce experts, and other similar professionals.
They all add immense value to a project and it saves you time and money since you don’t have to hire for these positions for your business or pay them a salary, benefits, taxes, and other possible expenses.
Increases in Productivity
Without having to worry about your project getting done, you’re left with a lot of extra time to be productive in other important areas of your business.
Reduce Your Cash Burn Rate
Hiring an agency may seem expensive and it may be tempting to complete the work in-house. But, there are a lot of overhead costs associated with doing the work yourself.
Your business could incur expenses such as a larger office space, extra office equipment or software. You also have to pay for the time it takes to hire people and train them as well. The costs far outweigh the benefits.
Support and Advice from Experts
When hiring WordPress developer teams and WooCommerce experts, you don’t just get your project completed. You also have access to technical support and advice from seasoned professionals.
You may even find some agencies that go the extra mile such as Progressus.io where WooCommerce experts won’t leave you hanging since we have a 30-day support policy. You’re guaranteed support and bug fixes for an entire month after the project has been completed.
Some bugs are inevitable no matter how skilled the experts so additional support definitely saves you money. This is especially true when you consider hiring another WordPress developer to fix bugs on a project you or your team worked on, but they weren’t involved in.
It would take extra time to get them up to speed. It’s money you could have saved by tapping the shoulder of an agency.
How to Hire Developer Teams that are Trustworthy
Once you’re ready to hire developer teams, there are several ways you can prepare to ensure you hire the best possible agency for the job.
Here are ways to ensure you hire a trustworthy web development agency:
- Get clear on what you need done and what you want. They can sometimes be different and lead to project delays. Be sure to also include technical details, but also the skills that are necessary.
- Create a Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Ask for suggestions on great agencies from fellow business owners. Also ask them how they did on specific aspects of the project that are important to you.
- Search directories for qualified professionals such as the official WooCommerce Verified Experts page, which also happens to be where you can find Progressus.io.
- Be sure to avoid websites such as Upwork unless your budget is really tight because, well, you get what you pay for with sites like these. Many of them don’t vet their members so you could end up hiring someone who’s unqualified. They could even copy and paste code, which is stealing and could land your business in hot water.
- Review case studies from agency websites and record any questions you have so you can ask them.
- Contact several agencies for more details and request quotes.
- Ask them your questions and how they would solve your situation. Listen for key industry knowledge and if they have it.
- Agencies should also be able to offer you some specifics such as stats or numbers on their past work if you ask. While they may not be able to provide sensitive information for privacy and security, they should still be able to tell you enough to vert them.
- Analyze your options and compare them. Don’t just look at the price point since lower bids may not result in high-quality work.
Hiring WordPress developer teams and WooCommerce experts can help your business grow more rapidly as well as save you money.
The cost to hire developer teams and resources for a project will be considerable more than if you hired an agency. It’s also more likely to result in higher quality work.
Are you looking to hire developer teams? What are aspects you look for in an agency? Share your thoughts in the comments below.